Old April 12th 05, 03:28 AM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
"Dan Luke" wrote:

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote:
I'm unclear on what WxWorx can provide other than the weather,
and how the GPS mapping functionality compares to AnywhereMap.

If you get the WxWorx premium map package and plug a USB gps into the
tablet pc, you get a very useful moving map with METARs, TAFs, cloud
tops, winds aloft, lightning strikes and NEXRAD. Fabulous.

Weather is the primary reason that we're considering this at all.
However, how does the WxWorx + map package compare to Control Vision's
AnywhereWX + AnywhereMap products? The latter seem to be focused
primarily on the PDA segment, although they do have a XP product that
presumably works on a TabletPC.

And, is their an approach plates option with the WxWorx system? If
we're going to do this, being able to ditch the paper subscriptions
would help with the justification.

Thanks,
JKG