Old July 26th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default FSDO followups on equipment probkems reported to ATC?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:20:38 -0500, Jim Macklin wrote:

FAR 91 under IFR requires reports on many things, unforecast weather and
equipment failure are two.

ATC is part of the FAA and the FSDO is the investigator.

Yes, we pilots are required to report. I'm not quite sure that one cannot
cancel (assuming VMC) as an alternative to reporting an equipment failure,
but that's not really my question.

My question is more what occurs after we report. I've never heard of this
process whereby the FSDO must confirm that maintenance has been done.

- Andrew