Old July 22nd 04, 12:41 AM
B2431

From: (WalterM140)

The law has always required males to register (since the original
establishment of selective service.) If you were in the DEP or
awaiting a training date you reported that as well and were
immediately recategorized. Males still have to register on their 18th
birthday.

ON the 18th birthday?

Actually I believe there was a grace period. Thirty days?

Well, I joined the Marine Corps on my 18th birthday and my recruiter told me
not to worry about it.

Walt

Let's asume you actually talked to a recruiter did it ever occur to you he was
not in a position where he could tell you to violate the law? If you went
straight to active duty you would have been classified 1-C. If you went DEP you
would have been classified 1-D. If the draft had stayed in effect and you had
completed the mininum total service, 6 years then (8 years now) IIRC, you would
have been classified 4-A

Based on many of your posts I seriously doubt you served a day in any branch of
the military.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired