Old September 28th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Default Going for my Multiengine rating

Morgans wrote:
"Margy Natalie" wrote

IMHO it's not only the weight but the height, there's a big difference
between pulling the yoke back when you are 20 inches away and 10 inches
away. I know.

I think I am following your thought, but I'm not sure.

Are you saying your height (or lack of it ;-) puts you so close to the yoke
(10 inches) that the closeness makes it much more difficult to pull hard on
the yoke?

I'm assuming that the pedals on the Navion are not adjustable, and that is
what puts you so close to the yoke?

You hit the nail on the head. It's not bad in the Navion, but a 182 is a
****er for me. It's one reason we have a Navion, but yes, I still sit
rather close.

Margy