Old March 2nd 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Bad day in Oklahoma

A fire chief said that not all of the fires out to the south, but they had
it
contained. As the news helicopter shows someone's house total involved.
Hadn't
heard anything about the fire in Lincoln County.

Me not able to fly today, seem a little trivial.

Funny how everything is relative. Sounds like you made the right decision.

I did too. We were supposed to fly to Wisconsin yesterday, to visit
friends. The weather was forecast to be perfect, but things started heading
downhill with the outlook briefing two days ago. Then, yesterday's
prediction was changed to be marginal, but today was supposed to still be
good.

Today absolutely sucks, with freezing rain and snow along the route of
flight. 72 hours ago, it was predicted to be sunny and warm. Had we
departed yesterday, we'd be stuck in Wisconsin for sure.

Weather forecasting computer models are so incredibly flawed that they can't
reliably predict the weather 12 hours in advance -- yet, for some unknown
reason, many people trust computer models that purport to show what the
climate will be like in the year 2100.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA