Old November 5th 17, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default real world ac 5m performance?

Performance as in engine performance for self launch or glide performance as in XC capable? I don't have any time in the M version, but I have a couple of flights in the pure glider. It's actually a very nice handling glider with something like a 1-34R glide performance, maybe a little better. But, as others have mentioned, it's a bit crude by comparison to German and Polish built gliders. On the one I flew, the canopy hinges looked like hardware-store grade mild steel surface-mounted to the fuselage. Other more critical parts seemed just a bit rough around the edges in terms of fit and finish.

Erik Mann (P3)