Old July 26th 03, 12:33 PM
Martin Hotze

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:01:47 -0400, BruceG wrote:

I grew up in a rural Western Louisiana town that had a WW2 training base
nearby. One day a friend from school was running the plow in his field.
Plow went "clunk." Friend got off tractor, dug up live 30+ yr old 250 pound
bomb (with fuse), horsed it into the bed of his old pick-up truck and
bounced it into town to take to the deputy's office. A quick call to FT
Polk authorities brought down the EOD guys, who *gingerly* took it out of
town to another open field where they made it go "boom." Damned if he
didn't find another one a few weeks later.

Finding bombs from WWII in Germany/Austria happens at least on a weeekly
basis. In certain regions you have the government do a search with
historical records, photos and actual satellite images on your area before
you may build your house.

#m

--
http://www.usawatch.org/ http://www.alternet.org/

John Gilmo I was ejected from a plane for wearing
"Suspected Terrorist" button http://www.politechbot.com/p-04973.html