Old May 19th 04, 07:34 PM
Andy Durbin

Ernie wrote in message news:p7Eqc.21607$0e6.17887@clgrps13...
Is Cambridge still around ? Does anybody know about the status with the
302 problem with validating IGC files and invalid reported broken
security seals ?

Ernie

My 302 reported bad security in the logs and also when the log was
downloaded using the 302 utility. The 302 itself report good seal.

I discussed this with Cambridge probably close to 2 years ago. I was
advised that the 302 needed to be returned to be resealed and that a
software fix had been identified.

My logs were accepted at contests and I was not attemting any records
so I delayed sending the 302 back until last winter. The problem is
now fixed.

If you need more info send me an email and I'll dig out my email with
Cambridge. The solution is simple though - Send it back and they'll
fix it under warranty.

Surprised that a Cambridge agent is not aware of the issue as all
agents should be able to reseal the 302 and fix the problem.

Andy