Old January 10th 05, 04:29 PM
Jim Burns

Thanks for the report, hopefully it will help others avoid the same or
similar circumstances. I'm glad everything worked out for you. Here are a
couple of links to sites that I have found interesting during the past
couple of weeks.

http://aircrafticing.grc.nasa.gov/courses.html

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...050103ice.html

The AOPA site has a link to a 45 minute video that can be downloaded, it's
also available from Sportys. It's been recommended highly in the news
groups by Bob Gardner and other CFIIs and is absolutely one of the best
icing video's that I have seen. Definitely worth a look. Lots of emphasis
on preflight planning for possible "outs" if you should encounter icing.
Can/should you climb? descend? continue? divert? delare an emergency?

Jim