Old January 24th 05, 02:51 AM
MICHAEL OLEARY

Well, the low attrition rate was due to the fact that the training command
stopped attriting people because we needed them. The Navy could not get
enough people to want to aviators. One possible answer is that "Topgun" has
lots its recruiting appeal. Maybe we should get a new movie called TST
(time sensitive targeting). It could feature an airplane holding over head
Iraq for 6 hours and still recovery with all of its ordnance. Sorry for the
sarcasm, but the cold war image of the military is a little out of date with
the new generation.
-Moe

"Jim" wrote in message
Pechs1 wrote:

Nuthin like a lousy economy and hurtin' airlines to keep people in.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye
Phlyer

And how many times has that circle gone around and around?