Old January 25th 05, 01:45 AM
MICHAEL OLEARY

Sorry for the bleak outlook. Just passing on some feedback from former rag
students of mine. It is a different generation of aviator. As for me, it
is what they pay me for and supporting the guys on the ground is indeed a
noble task. My commentary was more on the Nintendo generation and their
perceived lifestyle of naval aviation.
-Moe

"Pechs1" wrote in message
Michael- It could feature an airplane holding over head
Iraq for 6 hours and still recovery with all of its ordnance. Sorry for
the
sarcasm, but the cold war image of the military is a little out of date
with
the new generation. BRBR

C'mon Moe. I guess you weren't in when training anchorages and about 70
traps
for an entire cuise(7 months) was the norm. Sailors/Aviators belong on
ships,
ships belong at sea. What could be better than flying off a boat, doing
your
job, gettin' some green ink?

Is the new generation so soft that they whine about doing their job, not
always
training for it?

P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye
Phlyer