Old January 25th 05, 02:00 PM
nafod40

MICHAEL OLEARY wrote:
Sorry for the bleak outlook. Just passing on some feedback from former rag
students of mine. It is a different generation of aviator. As for me, it
is what they pay me for and supporting the guys on the ground is indeed a
noble task. My commentary was more on the Nintendo generation and their
perceived lifestyle of naval aviation.

There's no fundamental difference in the genetics of this generation and
the one that kicked butt in WWII. Humans don't evolve that fast (and
don't evolve at all in Georgia). The only difference is the world they
grew up in. And it's hard to criticize them for responding to their
environment when we're the ones that created the environment. Make both
sides jump through time machines going the opposite directions and we'd
be spending our hours playing DOOM IV while they whine (?) about us.

If the chips are down, they'll step up just like always.