Old June 17th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Duhamel

Default Flight simulator

haribole wrote:
Hello

Would appreciate any recommendations for a realistic PC based flight
simulator that can be used to learn the principles of flying.

Any experience on using a PC based flight simulator to enhance the
learning experience would be welcome.

Thanks
Hari

The debate is over two of them currently:

Microsoft Flight Simulator

This one is by far the most popular. You can buy version 10 (called X)
for $50 to $80, depending of the area you live in. If you computer isn't
exactly the best on the market, you could consider version 9 (2004)
since FS X is very demanding on the machine. I don't know if you can buy
it new anymore though.

X-Plane

A nice competitor is X-Plane, which I haven't tried myself so far but
most people who did will try to convince you it is equal, or better than
MS FS. This one has a commercial version which is FAA approved, but the
standard edition is less expensive than MS FS as I understand.

For more information or help, please join alt.games.microsft.flight-sim
We are very friendly and mature. Some of us are even more friendly than
me, and some are much more mature (see both definitions of the word
here). And heck, we even have fun together!

Hope this helps,
Tom