Old September 5th 03, 05:05 AM
Stan Gosnell

(BEEPER708) wrote in
:

Ankle is fine. The right leg however is straight as an
arrow. I was told that turbine helicopters require quote a
bit of rudder input, where something like a R22, Bell 47 or
300 require very little.

You were told wrong. The smaller the helicopter, the more
you'll have to work the pedals, both in frequency and amount of
movement. I've never flown an R22, but a 47 or 300 require lots
of pedal input, very quickly, while an S76 requires very little.
In almost any aircraft, the bigger it is the easier it is to
fly, both because of inertia and because the larger models tend
to have more systems to help the pilot. That said, if your
ankle moves freely, you should be alright, since that will
normally give you enough movement. I've known helicopter pilots
with artificial legs, & they have no real problems.

--
Regards,

Stan