Old May 16th 20, 08:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim from Pure Glide

Default DG-303 spar issues - puchase?

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 6:00:53 AM UTC+12, Paul wrote:
For a new glider pilot, do you think a DG-303 glider would be a good glider to purchase? I really like the design, and I've tried to understand all the issues that occurred around 2007 (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!st...g/SspUMjJ-YYo), however not sure what the end result was. There are a few DG-30# for sale on W&W.

Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks,
Paul

I owned a DG300 (almost the same as the 303) for over 5 years and loved it. As long as it's handicapped it's fine for contests, I flew it in many and won lots of days and the odd comp. Generally contest failures are the pilot not pointing the glider in the right direction, rather than the glider! It handled water well. So docile to fly, easy to rig, and the original gel coat polished up great. Loved the visibility. I put in an LX S100 which works great for the panel and is about the right investment for that age of glider. Recently sold it to buy a Ventus CT for the turbo.
https://imgur.com/DPwDsFk