Old January 30th 04, 02:16 PM
Robert Ehrlich

JJ Sinclair wrote:
The LS-6 just shook its head and said, "I don't think so". Shoved the stick forward
and landed OK. I think its all about feeling the ship. Most pilots have the
feel of what's going on, a few don't and they never will.

I compeletely agree. I remember some occasions where this was exactly my
feeling (the glider saying "I don't think so"). Maybe one thing which
contributed to develop this feeling is my previous practice of windsurfing.
When your weigth is just balanced by the lift of the sail (or rather by
a component of this force) and a loss of lift ends in a dive into cold
water, you quickly become very sensitive to any kind of loss of lift.
I had least year a discussion with a German pilot who also was windsurfing,
and he said he had exacltly the same feelings.