Old March 24th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Practice IMC in real IMC

Thanks for everyones response to my question.
I would add a note about the practice of stalls and unusual attitude
recovery in IMC.
I work in the Oil and Gas industry on Catalytic Cracking units. If
something goes wrong it is serious (usually only in $, but sometimes
lives)
However almost nothing ever goes wrong. And when it does, it is almost
always because TWO things went wrong. Therefore we never test one
thing going wrong, because we never know when the other thing might
also go wrong.
Imagine practicing stalls in IMC at the moment your vacuum system
fails? Or steep turns?
Not for me - but others have a high risk tolerance.
Thanks for everyones response.