Old November 11th 04, 05:22 AM
Louis L. Perley III

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Thanks, I'm going to check the service manual for ours tonight to see if

it
mentions retreads. I ended up with Michelin tires, and like yours, the 8
plys were rated to 2550. My earlier post stating 2250 was slightly
dyslexic.

Jim

Any idea how to determine what the Gross Weight on the aircraft is? I
know that Piper made 4400, 4800, and 5200 pound models, and they aren't in
any specific serial number ranges as far as I can tell. It would appear that
it depended on what was ordered at the time, and I've not seen any list of
what the various differences were so that I could make some sort of
determination that way. I've been searching, but have not yet been able to
determine anywhere what the gross weight is on my airframe.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N46000 - C152