Old April 4th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default AeroBid - Online Aviation Auction

On Apr 4, 6:47 am, Ron Natalie wrote:
wrote:
Niche auction for aviation...they just went live... Can it compete
with eBay? Your
thoughts?

http://www.aerobid.net

Probably not unless they actually get some auctions.

What hand did you have in the creation of the site, Sasa?

None, just curious... I am a big supporter of niche auctions. I am
also a pilot and love attending real life airplane auctions. I have
been disappointed for many years that nothing along the lines of a
specialized online aviation auction has been established on the web.
In sharp contrast classifieds in this area do great. Look at Trade-a-
Plane - 70 years in existance... When I came across AeroBid I wanted
to see what others thought of it. The idea sounds promising and is
the concept I have hoped would show up all these years. Personally, I
plan on listing a few aviation related items that have been collecting
dust at my house. Only time will tell if this idea will catch on. I
hope that it does. I am looking to buy a Cessna 172 and I only can
find a dozen choices on eBay. I would love to see 100's of Cessnas
172 up for auction. Parts too... Choice is what I consider consumer
freedom...