Old June 2nd 13, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Spin training for US pilots?

I did spin training in CA shortly after recieving my glider license. It has been very helpful for me as I have continued along with glider flight.

How many of you, US pilots, have had formal spin instruction (not one spin but half a day or more)?

Personally I am amazed that a US glider pilot can get their license without ever spinning in a glider. As I understand it, absolutely ZERO spins are required to complete you training and receive both your private or commercial rating.

That said, this great video (British I believe) was very similar to the spin instruction I received. I hope it is helpful to any pilots who have not yet had extensive spin/spin recovery training.

http://youtu.be/p8_mJmR2qlw

Just do this! It could save a life!

Sean
F2