Old June 2nd 13, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Spin training for US pilots?

On Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:53:11 AM UTC-4, Sean F (F2) wrote:
I did spin training in CA shortly after recieving my glider license. It has been very helpful for me as I have continued along with glider flight. How many of you, US pilots, have had formal spin instruction (not one spin but half a day or more)? Personally I am amazed that a US glider pilot can get their license without ever spinning in a glider. As I understand it, absolutely ZERO spins are required to complete you training and receive both your private or commercial rating. That said, this great video (British I believe) was very similar to the spin instruction I received. I hope it is helpful to any pilots who have not yet had extensive spin/spin recovery training. http://youtu.be/p8_mJmR2qlw Just do this! It could save a life! Sean F2

Required prior to solo at our operation.
UH