Old June 3rd 13, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Spin training for US pilots?

Those of us who received our flight training in the US Air Force got plenty
of spin training.

During my military career, I became well acquainted with all three of the
types mentioned below. ...And they actually paid me a premium for having so
much fun!

Dan

"Peter Higgs" wrote in message
Hi, I think there are three different types of spin entry...

1. Accidental Spin Entry. (Hope it never happens.)
2. Simulated Accidental Spin Entry (as in Instructed Training.)
3. Deliberate Spin Entry, for aerobatic contests.

In the first cases the cause creeps up on you, maybe unnoticed... You may
not be looking at the yaw string of ASI at the right time, or perhaps you
fly into adverse atmospheric conditions.

In the aerobatic case the entry is more deliberate, and quick. With
points
awarded for the neatness of the manoeuvre and the recovery.

I remember one (aerobatic trained) instructor trying to flick roll my
benign aircraft into an un-usual attitude, but I don't think he managed
it,
as the recovery was a bit too easy.