Old May 24th 04, 04:00 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: General Zinni on Sixty Minutes
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 5/24/04 3:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time
Judging from Bush's recent approval ratings, it is finally beginning to
sink in to the general public that we have somehow managed to snatch

defeat
from
the jaws of victory in Iraq. That we never should have gone there is

the
first
place is now quite academic.

Not until those sorry *******s are out of office. I do take your point
though.

Walt

The day these guys are out of office will be a great day in American

history.
It will mark the end of the worst government America has ever had. They

can't
fool all of the people all of the time.

So far, your predictions vis a vis Iraq have been none too accurate:

"It will immediately take over all Iraqui property including the oil fields
and
refineries. These will be put under the control of companies like Exxon who
will run the entire Iraqui oil operation under the Alien Property
Custodian." (13 JAN 03)

"We've got their country and we have their oil. The rest doesn't matter."
(25 APR 03)

Funny, but it appears you were one of the bigger "go into Iraq" folks not
that long ago (and for widely differing reasons, according to your various
posts on the subject, everything from assuring the US a springboard in the
region to WMD's and "the oil"). The single constant thread was you animosity
towards the French regarding their behavior during the period leading up to
the war...

"The French will pay a price for their betrayal. And it won't be a pretty
sight." (28 MAR 03)

"At this moment the French veto makes them an ally of Iraq." (7 FEB 03)

"...they [the French] questioned the motives of the Bush
administration. Why should the French fight? They know the Americans and the

Brits will fight for them. As always. They are pobably drawing up surrender
documents just in case even as we speak.." (6 FEB 03)

And, to provide another Artian view of the war that seems to be a bit
(guffaw!) at odds with this latest blathering:

[when told 21 JAN 03 that OBL was not in Iraq] "Can't hurt to look."

And..."GO FORTH AND CONQUER !!!!!!" (11 FEB 03)

Either you are seriously delusional, to the point of exhibiting
multiple-personality disorder "Its the WMD's! No, it's not, it's the oil!
Trounce those danged Iraqis! Go! Go! Go! I mean, STOP! What the hell are you
doing, why are you GOING (into Iraq...)?" etc. etc., ad nauseum...

But now you are intent upon hanging Bush for Iraq, having been one of the
bigger cheerleaders behind our going in there in the first place? Must be
nice to have such a fluid sense of values which allows you to be "right" no
matter how things develop....

Brooks

Arthur Kramer