Old September 24th 04, 02:10 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Konrad Hund" wrote in message
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Sehr verehrte Kunden,

Art has gotten so befuddled by Kerry's nosedive and Dan Rather's forced
mea
culpa on the forged documents that he has reverted to posting in German
in
an english language newsgroup. Wonder how he translates "neocon" and
"wannabe", his two most favoritest expressions?

Brooks

neocon = neukon(servativ)
wannabe = Möchetegern (Moechtegern if you cannot see the umlaut "ö")

Glad that I could help!

Auf wieder....oops!...bitte! At least I think that was the right word...my
attempts at using my extremely limited command of german while deployed over
there for exercises more often than not just resulted in expressions of
bafflement or giggling responses in english (which your countrymen
inevitiably spoke much better than I did my german). The best one happened
at a roadside McDonalds (God only knows why our German busdriver thought a
bunch of US troops just arrived in country and on their way to Grafenwoehr
would have chosen *that* as their lunchtime destination...), where after
spieling out a bunch of "Ich mochte's...", and thinking I was *really*
impressing my fellow soldiers with my keen grasp of the local lingo, the
waitress putting my order together turned over her shoulder and loudly
asked, "Do you want a coke with that?" My NCO's roared over that one...

Brooks

regards,

KH