Old July 17th 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default BWB remembered

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear about his passing. Sounds like he was a
perfect fit for Usenet.

Yep, he was.

Nearly a decade ago, in the pre-troll days when rec.aviation.piloting was
still vibrant, I hosted a photo page for each rec.aviation poster to use.
Participants could send me pix of their aircraft, along with a short
biography, and I would post it on my website. In this way, we could all see
what each other was flying.

Hundreds of participants sent in pix of their plane, or maybe of themselves
with their first plane and their current plane, along with a paragraph or
two of background.

Badwater Bill sent me something like THIRTY photos, pictures of all the
planes he had ever owned or flown, and a mini-novel biography. His listing
was easily ten times the size of everyone else's -- but it was fascinating
stuff.

To say he was a character is an understatement. But what a character!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA