Old May 4th 05, 10:15 PM
TripFarmer

Man that sounds good............No kidding.

Trip

In article gmWde.1212999$8l.1110213@pd7tw1no, er says...

"Montblack" wrote in message
snip
Good job Jay. Very good job. Well done!

I've rediscovered basic oatmeal these past few months. I sprinkle not too
much in a bowl, water it down, nuke it for 1 minute + 20 more seconds

after
a quick stir, and eat it, plain - nothing on it. Plus it's about .003

cents
per serving. Fills me up better than anything I've tried.

snip

Nicely done Jay. Great self discipline, it is a lifestyle makeover.

I am also a lifelong oatmeal fan but I am more of a slow cooked kind of guy.

I bring 8 cups of water to boil and add 1 handful of flax seeds, 3 cups of
organic slow oats, 1 cup 7grain cereal, 1 handful sunflower seeds, 1 handful
of unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 large handful of raisins and simmer for
aprox 45 min. stir occasionally and turn off heat after about 15 min. No
salt or sugar. I like to add 1 or 2 fine chopped apples late in the
cooking. Take a portion for today and allow the rest to cool, then add
enough low fat or soy milk (stir well) to prevent solidification and lumping
when refrigerated. The next few days I just have to add a little more milk
and a quick microwave. I usually add a sliced banana or other fruit and a
couple of slices of whole grain toast. This is all complex carb and takes
all day to digest so I seldom want to eat lunch or donuts.

I save the running for when it is too muddy or icy for my mountain bike,
which is easy on my knees and my two dogs love it as I can finally keep up
to them.

BP 115/70 YMMV

Blue skies to all