View Single Post
Old February 13th 18, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

Default ClearVav vs. LXNav

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 9:21:34 PM UTC-5, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:51:46 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:39:19 PM UTC-8, wrote:
A typical FAX/Copy store also does printing. You can usually email them a PDF, or bring in a thumb drive with the file on it.

5Z

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:35:22 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 4:58:14 PM UTC-8, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Can't you read it electronically and then only print the pages you want a hard copy of? Should be pretty easy to do that n the "print box", at least in Windows.....

Charlie, that sounds reasonable, but look at the Manual and you'll see how difficult that would be.

The problem, as I tried to say, is that LXNav attempts to cover all the products that they sell, the 8000, 8080, 9000, 9070, all their varios, all their interconnections, with one big manual. Probably all the information is in there, but its a true maze, to find and extract the relevant data for any one instrument. The whole manual would need to printed, and even then it would be difficult to use. My solution was to make my own manual for my particular unit.

I find the LXNAV Pdf manuals nice as you can open the pdf on a lap top and search for specific items or key words. Their are two manuals an installation and a user manual.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

You can also search them for a keyword. You can't do that with a paper manual.