Old August 10th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bug Dout

Default The DOWA 81 - East German Escape Plane

Arrested the day before their planned takeoff. Leaves many questions:

* how did they plan the movement, assembly, and takeoff of the plane?
* how were they found out?
* curious that only a year of prison and then deportation to where they
wanted to go! "Don't throw me into that briar patch!"
* why didn't the E. Germans destroy the aircraft/
--
They said I was the greatest pitcher they ever saw; I couldn't
understand why they couldn't give me no justice.