Old April 12th 04, 02:19 AM
old_codger

"Sean Trost" wrote in message
om...
Old Codger
Coupla things

The throttle Hold switch is actually doing what its supposed to do.
Model Helicopters mix the throttle and collective pitch automatically.
So when you hit the Hold switch it sends the motor to low throttle and
allows you to manipulate the collective with out changing the throttle.
Allows you to practice autorotations without acttually shutting the
motor down.

The Idle up switch is actually a flight mode switch. you should be able
to set the throttle/pitch curve to allow three modes.
Basic mode - the throttle is linked to the collective
aerobatic mode - throttle is linked to collective with more throw to the
pitch.
3d mode - throttle is set in a high power mode and the collective is
decoupled from it. Also collective pitch is maximized to +- 10-15 deg.
this allows those wild aerobatics.

The rotating knob I guess would be the gyro gain. Do you notice any
difference in tail rotor athority when you manipulate the knob ?

all the best
Sean

Your explanation is very clear...thank you.

I'll have to check on thr TR authority and the knob. I haven't checked on
that.