Old November 6th 04, 02:57 PM
Mark James Boyd

I saw this
"SSA By-Laws Revised to allow membership category of "Introductory."

I like the idea, especially if it involves a low price (perhaps half-price?)
first year joining of SSA. The SSA dues are reasonable for me
personally, but I have had trouble getting people to join SSA
generally because of high dues.

Any thoughts at relooking at dues reduction too? Lower dues may = more
revenue. A private e-mail mentioned that after the last dues increase,
revenue actually dropped because several thousands of members decided to
not renew.

Just for comparison, what are the BGA dues? Are there different
levels of dues? Does the BGA have a "family" membership too?

But meanwhile, you can read
http://www.socalsoaring.com/index.php?page=dreports

as my report to my region's members. Enjoy our website, the product of
many fine volunteers at work.

Thanks,
Cindy Brickner
Region 12 Director