Old November 10th 05, 12:21 PM
Dan Luke

Default PDA GPS software Which one??

"Morgans" wrote:

A fine backup, certainly,
but not nearly as reliable as a one-button-press Lowrance or Garmin
hand
held with the Jepp database.

From all of the post about the 396, it seems there are some major
reliability problems, even with some Garmin units.

I'd say the problems are isolated, aithough the must seem major to the
owners who've had them. The 396 has sold like hotcakes; if the troubles
were widespread, surely we would see more reports on the various forums
like this one, CFO, CPA, ABS, etc.

I had one minor power mgmt. problem right after I bought my 396, later
corrected by a software revision. Since then, the unit has been rock
solid, in contrast to my old Bluetooth WX receiver/gps/pc setup, which
was plagued with MS Windows hiccups.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM