Old December 8th 05, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The Gyro House

When we bought our Aztec, the owner had made some comments about having all
the gyros overhauled before we picked it up. So we agreed to pay for it and
he reduced the purchase price by the cost of removing, overhauling, and
reinstalling all three gyros. This was in August 2004. The TC was sent to
Nu-Tec, the DG and the AI were sent to Aircraft Quality Instruments in
Wichita, KS. All returned with work orders saying something to the effect
of no damage found, replaced all bearings, complete overhaul.

The DG went out 18 months/400hrs after overhaul. AQI has a 12 month no
hassle warranty. As they say... timing is everything. We sent it to a
local shop with a faster turn around time.

Jim