Old January 8th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default "scratchy" radio transmission update

While it was a busy day on the airways (radio wise) I got the same
result calling up ATC 15 miles out; 'scratchy but readable'. Tried
reaching around back of the seat to key the rear PTT but it was too
painful wating for the frequency to open up. I did try calling another
aircraft at an airport 55 miles away and they reported 'loud and clear'
on 122.9. I can't believe it's a frequency range thing on two different
radios and different antennas.

Jim