Old June 5th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Headset to mp3 Adapter

I bought one of those "Y" adapters so I could play my iPod thru my
stereo headset. Your headset plug goes in 1 end, and then it branches
off to a standard headset plug for the intercom and a "mini" plug for
the iPod. The problem is that the plane's radio volume drops to barely
audible, even with the volume turned all the way up. The mp3 player
volume has a nice low to loud range so I can adjust it. But I can
barely pick up ATC calls even with the radio volume turned to max. I
had to disconnect it.

Any explanations and work-arounds? I tossed the bag and receipt so I
can't return it.

Thanks!

--Jeff