Old April 1st 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Poultry in Motion

Default Victimizing Aircraft Designers - An American Specialty? (wasFetters)

Dennis Fetters wrote:
Morgans wrote:
How about running the engine over 100% for normal operations. That's
gotta be good on it, don't 'cha think?

Oh, I know, you-know-who has an answer for that one, too.

You bet I do, after all, I know what I'm doing, and done it a lot.

Sock puppetry?

not a problem with the engine, but the installation. 98% of all Rotax
engine failures are due to improper customer installation...

.... into the wrong helicopter. The same engine was okay when installed
into a CH-7

The Mini-500, as well as all helicopters that use any reciprocating
engine, run at full RPM, but that is not full bore, since a helicopter
reduces or increases its power setting to operate."

Keep the questions coming!

The PEP pipe narrowed the powerband, and when the engine "falls off" the
pipe, it ain't coming back again. Lawn Dart time.