Old December 31st 18, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Nano Eliminated Takeoff Location

Hi Bob,

Please email the flight log to me.

Is the Nano being used in a glider or a motorglider?

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 5:44:28 AM UTC-6, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 1:21:14 PM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 5:53:50 AM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Took a flight yesterday and tried to upload. All of the information was on the Nano except it did not record the takeoff location and will not allow me to upload. I guess the internal GPS in the unit failed to pick up the coordinates. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob

1. What do you mean "all of the information was on the Nano"? Your declaration uploaded from a PC, or the IGC file download to your computer after the flight?

2. Which Nano - original or one of the newer ones? If original, did the 3rd green LED blink, showing it was recording?

3. In NanoConfig, confirm the "start recording on power on" box is checked. What version of NanoConfig are you running? Current is 1.6.8. ( https://gliding.lxnav.com/lxdownloads/software/ )

4. Try removing the microSD card and reinserting it. If it is an older ("more experienced") microSD card, consider reformating it or replacing it.

Dan, it is the Nano IGC with the removable card. I purchased this about one year ago from Cumulus. The entire flight was recorded, shows up from takeoff to landing but will not let me upload to OLC. Where you usually show your takeoff location there are the words in red , NO TAKEOFF LOCATION DETECTED.
You cannot pick a takeoff location as you usually must do.
I flew again yesterday, and the entire flight recorded and uploaded to OLC.
Wanted to get the Saturday flight entered, it was a good one. Thanks, Bob