Old November 29th 04, 06:37 PM
Ron Natalie

Jesse Wright wrote:
With regard to Day/Night IFR/VFR required placarding, what steps do
you need to take to have the placard installed on an airplane that
does not already have the placard (A&I signoff??)? This has come up
at checkride time with another airplane on the ramp, but I don't know
what the resolution was.

What placarding are you talking about? Aircraft that don't have
the required placards aren't airworthy. Someone, either an A&P
(doesn't need to be an IA) or perhaps the pilot-owner (acting under
the preventive maintenance sections of Part 43 Ap. A) needs to put
it write and make the appropriate log book entries.