Old August 21st 03, 01:29 AM
Billy Beck

Ed Rasimus wrote:

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

The Federalists (librtarians) had ultimate control in creating the Republic,

Excuse me, you are linking the Federalists (Hamilton, Madison and Jay
at the core) with the Libertarians who oppose a strong central
government? The Federalists were the ones seeking central focus.
Libertarians are the opposite.

No, the Federalists are the same as Libertarians. It is the
anti-Federalists that opposed a strong central government. The Federalist
papers are mostly an anti-federalist product.

With that Orwellian circumlocution I must withdraw from the
discussion. Clearly I've been bested by the Tarver intellect.

Lemme see now, the "librtarians" are like the Federalist in that they
weren't the anti-Federalists who opposed the strong central goverment
but in opposing the strong central government they were akin to the
Federalists, who really wrote the "anti-federalist" papers.....

Sure.

There is no point arguing with that.

All done, then.

Billy