Old February 11th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Default Transfer of IGC log for contest scoring

Tom N. wrote:
I plan to fly in my first contest this summer. What is the best
(easiest) way to transfer my IGC flight log to the scorer? I use a
Cambridge 302 and IPAQ 3955. For the OLC, I download the file to my
IPAQ using ConnectMe and the take the IPAQ home and connect it to my
PC and then upload to the OLC. Would contest scoring be something
similar to this? Thanks. Tom N.

Stick an SD card in the iPAQ, copy the IGC file there, and hand the card
to the scorer. To reduce confusion, make sure the IGC to be scored is
the only file on the card, or at least the only obvious IGC file in the
top level directory.

Make sure you bring along a USB SD card reader (the one I have in my
soaring kit is barely larger than the SD card and cost me all of $8US),
in the unlikely event the scorer does not have one...

Marc