Old January 3rd 05, 02:29 PM
Corky Scott

Default Laser beams being aimed at airliners?

Has anyone been following the disturbing (to me anyway) news stories
about airliners approaching to land being hit with laser beams aimed
at the cockpits?

One pilot reported having his eyes temporarily damaged.

The FBI appears concerned because the beams are apparently tracking
the airliners, which implies some very expensive equipment. I wonder
if they really are tracking the incoming airliners, or just being
aimed by people using a tripod and crosshairs. Either way, it isn't
just one location, it's happening all across the country and the
incidents appear to be increasing.

Terrorists have been suggested but the FBI is not convinced that is
the case, or at least don't seem to think it's el Qaeda. They
reportedely spoke to a resident on the east coast but did not report
what the discussion was about.

Hasn't anyone else been following this?

Corky Scott