Old July 6th 04, 04:32 PM
Stealth Pilot

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 04:45:46 GMT, "Bruce A. Frank"
wrote:

I'd love to take that ride, but can't meet that 200 lb limit. 8^D

Bruce it has taken me half a degree in nursing to get this all worked
out. so far I've lost nearly 10 kilos and my pilot's medicals are
getting easier. much easier.

your, my, everyone's body generates energy through the krebs cycle.
it can feed raw materials to the cycle from 3 sources.
sugars
fats
protein.

the body metabolises sugar first because it is easy, then it
metabolises fats and if none of the two are available it metabolises
protein for energy.

if you want to lose weight you need to reduce your fat intake and
increase your body's burn off of fat as an energy source.

most of us have too much sugar available in our systems for the body
ever to need to metabolise fats so the dietary intake is just stored
away for a rainy day. (you get bigger and bigger)

in my case I had all the factors in place for weight loss but didnt
lose a zot until I worked out that my sugar intake had to be reduced.
10 cups of coffee a day with white and two sugars, plus a coke or two
adds up to a small mountain of sugar each and every day.

ok to lose weight you need to reduce your sugar and fat intake.
you then need to exercise to burn off sufficient energy that the body
needs to metabolise fats to provide the needed energy.

using short muscles doesnt burn much energy but increases blood
pressure levels which has its own problems so arm exercises arent
recommended.
using the long muscles of your body burns more energy and does not
increase blood pressure as much.
so walking or swimming are the best exercises that you can engage in
to lose weight.

when you are using your muscles, use at a gentle pace keeps the
metabolism in the muscles aerobic which sees fat metabolism.
If you use your muscles so hard that they ache, the ache is caused by
the build up of lactic acid which signals that your body has switched
to anaerobic metabolism. during anaerobic metabolism no fat is
metabolised.

regular long walks at a pace which does not see muscle ache but
elevates your body metabolism so that at the end of the walk you are
just raising a sweat is just perfect for fat burn off.

regular weight loss involves a healthy diet, reduced sugar intake,
reduced fat intake and aerobic exercise of the long muscles of your
body. it is that easy.

it has taken me half of a 3 1/2 year degree in nursing to get it all
worked out. no hokum, no fad diets, nothing to buy.
I have 2 kilos to go and I am back to 73 kg from 84 kg.
(84kg is 184lb or 13 stone, 74 kilos is 11.5 stone.)

try it. you might just get a free aeroplane ride as a reward :-)

Stealth Pilot
Australia