Old March 8th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_6_]

Default [OT] Anthony is not a pilot, but why even mention it?

While this is usenet, and anything goes, I personally think it is great that
people post about flying, relating questions and experiences regarding the
process of flying.

Anthony is unique in that his behavior has driven him from the sim groups,
as well as the moderated Leica forums. It is pointless to argue with him,
and why bother, since he has never flown and never will. Why even try to
discuss subtle points of distinction with him when he knows nothing about
it, despite his delusions- he will never admit that he is wrong or
incorrect.

Then, there are the responders to the responders, who tend to be rigid and
narrow minded and feel that usenet should conform to their own perception
and sensibilities. These are probably the same guys who claim there is only
one way to enter a traffic pattern, one way to communicate, and therefore
never think outside the box. They may never get into trouble, but won't do
much to advance either knowledge or creativity. I see a lot of people like
this in the military. As they get older they are the ones who hang around
airports and are the curmudgeons, "grumpy old men" who spend most of their
time talking about the good old days.

Get a clue- it's usenet, so anything goes. No one, even Anthony or shywon,
will be able to make it what they want.