Old August 30th 05, 03:51 AM
Mike Adams

"John R. Copeland" wrote:

If you have a broadband internet connection, you can download each
28-day update of the NavData, whether or not you get the CD-ROM.
I think you can now elect to not receive the 28-day CD-ROM,
and save a little money on the subscription price.
I get the CD-ROMs, but I've never yet used any of them.

Yes, I just get the download only. It works fine, and all those CDs would just take up space after awhile,
anyway.

If you already have a USB CompactFlash adapter on your computer,
you won't need to buy a different one to program the GNS480 data cards.
The card will show up in Windows as an ordinary removable drive.
Remember to logically "Eject" it before physically removing the card.
Probably no harm will occur if you forget, but it's neater that way.

When I got my system last winter, the CF USB adapter came with the box. I don't need to use it, though,
since my PC has a CF adapter on the front of it, and there's nothing unique about the adapter they
provide. It just looks like a normal removable drive to the PC. With my cable connection, the download
takes just a few minutes (about 13 MB).

Mike