Old April 30th 18, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG-100 Headrest

Thanks for the input everyone. The automotive headrest is the approach i've chosen

Cheers,
Nick.

On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 7:28:40 AM UTC+9:30, wrote:
Like RO, I'm also tall (6'3") and my ASW 24 came thru without the backrest...which means it didn't have a headrest. I'm reluctant to fly without one (see my posting in the thread about LS-3 Headrest). So I attached a piece of padding wrapped in a hand towel (sewed/tied) to the main bulkhead. Tried to find something without much "bounce" to avoid rebound during a crash. Memory foam would be perfect but it gets hard when cold and my head doesn't rest on the headrest much of the time to warm it up.

I suspect (hope?) a junkyard automotive headrest might be safer than some DIY solutions.

Chip Bearden