Old November 17th 03, 05:03 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Snowbird wrote:
I know a number of 'Bo owners who are former Tiger owners
and are happy to take their 'Bos into and out of fields I'm
not comfortable taking my Tiger. Cliff Hansen and Andreas
come to mind. They tell me the 'Bo is a much better short/
rough plane than the Tiger (and again, it's not the price
tag that's the issue, obviously).

Lots of power, highly effective flaps, nosegear that isn't held on by a
bent piece of wire, and plenty of prop clearance all add up to making a
Bonanza a good short/rough field performance aircraft. The S-35 Bonanza
can land and stop in a shorter distance than a C172N.

Not only that, they go fast too once you're cruising, and they fly
incredibly nicely.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net