Old January 4th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Air Iron Maiden

Oh, when I was in Paris in December they had posters up all over the place
on the rail line from CDG to downtown promoting a concert that would have
been cool to go see... Metal is still alive and well in the I.U. Long live
Eddie. (and not the cruisers)

"gatt" wrote in message

I used to go see these guys in concert when I was in high school and
everybody said heavy metal music was for drug addicts, devil worshippers,
dropouts and losers.

My inner 15-year-old has just declared victory.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?..._articleid=731

The pilot is singer Bruce Dickenson. http://www.ironmaiden.com The name
might be familiar from the "More Cowbell!" skit from Saturday Night Live.

Checklist:

-Become a heavy metal star, make records, get rich, meet girls, tour the
world: Check
-Without requiring rehab: Check
-Make a comeback in your 40s (50s?): Check
-Be lampooned by Christopher Walken on SNL: Check
-Have your band art painted on the side of a jet plane: Check
-Earn your ATP: Check
-Fill your jet with fans and fly the jet: Check

These guys apparently still put on great shows, and although I don't claim
fame, I can confess that I will be signing autographs on Saturday and
studying for the CFI written on Sunday. Great way to start 2008!

Fortunately I didn't idolize George Michael.

-c