Old July 21st 03, 08:49 PM
Steve House

I don't know anything about all the reasons behind the FAA's rational in
banning antidpressants but I know t for certain that siezures as a potential
side effect of Wellbutrin/Zyban. But if it's just the underlying
psychiatric condition that is the sole reason for the ban, why is the use of
Zyban as an aid to quitting smoking also a prohibited drug? As I mentioned
before, Zyban and Wellbutrin are the same drug in the same dosage from the
same manufacturer - the ONLY difference is in the labeling.

Here's one site that details the side effects and the siezure risk for
buproprion (Zyban/Wellbutrin)
http://www.thememoryhole.org/health/zyban-update.htm
and another
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/buprop.htm

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

"Steve House" wrote in message

Just something to consider. One of the potential side effects of many
anti-depressants is sudden siezures,

Let's stick to the facts here. The FAA doesn't ban antidepressents

because
of the side effects, and none of the current popular ones has such a side

effect.