Old January 12th 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Piet Barber

Default Condor 2 v 2.0.5 with VR Support

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:58:36 AM UTC-5, Pete wrote:
Piet,
If you don't mind, would you give us an idea of the specific computer setup you are running with the Oculus Rift? I'm going to have update my desktop to get it running but it sounds like it will be worth it!

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 FTW (overkill, 2 years old)
Displayport to HDMI - Monitor
HDMI - Oculus Rift
CPU Core i5-2500K @3.30GHz (probably overkill, 3 years old)
Memory: 16.0 GB DDR3-1333 (probably overkill, 3 years old)
USB 3.0 PCI Card

Mach 0.1 simulator is "in the mail" (says Russell Holtz). My son permanently borrowed my rudder, throttle, joystick and TrackIR to play War Thunder, so it was worth it for me to buy the whole Mach 0.1 setup instead of piecing it together myself.

The system listed above is more than enough to handle Condor in full graphics mode, and most of the parts are 2 years old or more.