Old September 28th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Continental Airlines Racist

"Mission: The Conference on White Privilege serves as a yearly
opportunity to examine and explore issues of white privilege,
diversity, multicultural education, multicultural leadership, social
justice, race/racism, sexual orientation, gender relations, and other
systems of privilege/oppression. It provides participants the
opportunity to get honest about the type of society in which we live,
and the advantages that accrue to some but not others. The conference
offers a means to develop and sustain ongoing work to dismantle this
system of white privilege, white supremacy, and oppression."

Why is this so racist and scary?

The very name of the event starts with a racist presumption, IMHO, and
invites nothing but ridicule and abuse, both of and by participants.

If I were organizing such a conference, my recommendation would be to
take "White" out of the title in an effort to appear more race
neutral.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA