Old December 17th 03, 08:29 PM
Tom Fleischman

In article , Maule
Driver wrote:

"Tom Fleischman"
In article , Paul Rekieta
, "Maule Driver"
Well, they were as nice as could be about it and didn't even let a
patronizing
smirk out but I was totally spooked and said that I was going to get

off the
plane. I explained that it shouldn't be a problem since I only had a

carry
on bag and well, I was just going to stay behind

I bet you couldnıt do this in todayıs terrorist environment.

Couldn't do what? Get off the airplane? That's preposterous, what are
you suggesting they would do? Not let you off? Handcuff you to your
seat?

Please.

Well I'm sure one could get off but I think there might be other
consequences. If a specific procedure is lacking I'm sure the pilot would
attempt to evaluate the request and the person making it and then determine
whether more security actions would be required. Might be a much different
situation for passengers with the same request but different appearances.

Well yeah, sure, I'm sure that there would be security concerns raised
in the minds of the crew and the Thousands Standing Around, but if they
don't find anything, even in your name were Mustafah, then the
situation would be about the same as what you experienced, it would
just take a lot longer to be on your way.

It certainly would not be a case of "you couldn't do this in today's
environment".